Tornado Alley Turbo, Inc.
Beechcraft Bonanza, Cessna 185, and Cessna 177RG Turbonormalizing System Warranty
Each new Tornado Alley Turbo, Inc. (TAT) turbonormalizing system manufactured by TAT and installed upon a customer's aircraft and each new TAT turbonormalizing system shipped from TAT's facility in Ada, Oklahoma, after September 15, 1998 is warranted as follows:
- For a period of 4 years, or 1,000 hours, whichever occurs first, TAT warrants the exhaust and air induction components of the turbonormalizing system. For a period of 2 years or 250 hours, whichever occurs first, TAT warrants the turbocharger, wastegate, controller, pressure relief valve, mechanical fuel pump, hoses and supplied fittings and hardware. The scope of this warranty is limited to repair, exchange, or replacement of components that are, upon return and subsequent inspection, found to be defective in material or workmanship. The warranty includes the appropriate labor charges described below, required to complete that repair. Such repair, exchange, or replacement, in order to be covered, must be accomplished by TAT, a TAT approved installation center, or other facility authorized in writing by TAT, to handle the turbonormalizing system covered by this warranty. The warranty activation date is the date the aircraft with the installed turbonormalizing system is first operated, but not later than 180 days after the turbonormalizing package is shipped for installation.
- TAT does not assume any responsibility for the repair or replacement of the engine, the airframe, or accessories or components thereof, other than those components manufactured or supplied by TAT or otherwise referred to in paragraph 1, above.
- TAT will pay for reasonable labor costs associated with repairs or replacements under this warranty, and for "troubleshooting" costs associated with identifying the need for such repairs or replacements, but only with prior notice and when coordinated through TAT or an agent designated by it for that purpose. The amount of repair and replacement labor costs allowed will be in accordance with warranty labor allowance schedules, if such schedules are published by TAT. Otherwise, the amount of "troubleshooting" costs allowed will be the reasonable costs under the circumstances of identifying the need for repairs or replacements of specific parts, but in no event will the "troubleshooting" costs that are allowed exceed twenty percent (20%) of the labor costs associated with such repairs or replacements authorized by TAT after the defective part, material, or workmanship has been clearly identified. No “troubleshooting" cost allowance will be made where the need for repairs or replacement is identified in the course of overhaul, routine maintenance, or on the basis of an obvious defect.
- Repair or replacement of any turbonormalizing system or part under this warranty will not extend the period of warranty coverage set forth above. TAT reserves the right at its option to replace any defective parts with either new, rebuilt, serviceable, or overhauled parts.
- TAT does not assume any responsibility for transportation costs in connection with the repair or replacement of any turbonormalizing system or part under this warranty, except when such transportation has been expressly authorized by TAT, the turbonormalizing system or part has been shipped prepaid to TAT or the repair facility designated by TAT, and the turbonormalizing system or part is found to the satisfaction of TAT to be defective in material or workmanship.
- This warranty applies only to TAT turbonormalizing systems in which parts manufactured or supplied by TAT or parts manufactured pursuant to an FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval have been used, and nothing contained herein should be construed as a warranty by TAT of any part not manufactured or supplied by TAT. TAT accepts no responsibility for the failure of any part which it does not manufacture or supply. The use of FAA-PMA replacement parts will not affect the warranty on any TAT turbonormalizing system.
- This warranty also applies only to turbonormalizing systems on which the inspection, maintenance and operation instructions and recommendations contained in the appropriate operator's manual, instructions for continued airworthiness, and all applicable service bulletins (issued by TAT or any manufacturer of any component) have been timely complied with. Timely performance of recommended inspections and maintenance must be accomplished and documented by appropriate logbook entries and a true and legible copy of the aircraft engine logbook must accompany any turbonormalizing system or portion thereof being returned for warranty consideration. In addition, on request, the customer will promptly produce the original of any engine logbook at the offices of TAT for inspection, along with the data recorded by the engine monitor.
- This warranty does not apply to any turbonormalizing system or part manufactured or supplied by TAT which has been subject operation with non-calibrated engine gages, or operated with parts, components or accessories that alter the original design configuration of the turbonormalizing system, absent TAT’s express written agreement. This warranty does not apply to any part subject to misuse, corrosion, neglect or accident or which has been installed, repaired, maintained, or altered in any way that in the reasonable judgment of TAT has adversely affected the condition of the turbonormalizing system or which has been operated beyond or below AFMS recommendations (such as, but not limited to, RPM, temperature, fuel flow, and proper system adjustment).
- This warranty will not include any allowance or charge for troubleshooting or parts and labor, for any aircraft that has had any alteration to the aircraft engine, its accessories, its fuel, or cooling systems since the TAT turbonormalizing system was installed, without prior written approval from TAT of the alteration.
- The provisions of this warranty do not apply to normal maintenance service (such as turbonormalizing system tune-ups, adjustments, inspections, including routine inspections required by later issued service bulletins, and similar maintenance activities) which shall always remain the responsibility of the aircraft owner or operator.
- The obligation of TAT to pay for any warranty claim is contingent upon the owner/operator's participation in TAT's "Engine Operation Monitoring" (EOM) program, for the duration of the first four oil change intervals after installation of the turbo system. The TAT EOM program requires the owner/operator to accomplish the following:
- Submit oil samples for routine wear metal analysis at 25 to 35 hour intervals during the first four oil change intervals;
- Submit data downloads from the installed GEM 610 or JPI 700 engine monitor, (or equivalent instrument with prior approval of TAT) at each of the first four oil change intervals;
- Supply a current stored data download to TAT at the time of any warranty claim;
- Operate the engine in accordance with the recommendations in the approved flight manual supplement.
- Any dispute arising under this warranty will be resolved by binding arbitration, which shall take place only in the state of Oklahoma, unless the parties agree otherwise. The arbitration shall be done by a panel of three persons, at least one of which shall be an attorney who holds a pilot's certificate with a current medical and at least one of the arbitrators shall be a mechanic with A & P and Inspection Authority. Each side to the dispute shall be responsible for the payment of their own costs and attorney fees, and for 1/2 of the cost of the arbitrators, regardless of the outcome of the dispute.
- TAT reserves the right to change any turbonormalizing system or part specification or prices without incurring any responsibility with regard to turbonormalizing systems or parts previously sold or replaced.
- Parts excluded or limited from warranty due to known poor service history by their original manufacturer: The starter drive adapter is warranted only for 90 days or 100 hours, whichever comes first, unless a longer warranty is provided for the starter drive adapter by the manufacturer or overhaul facility which provided the starter drive adapter to TAT.
- This warranty may be transferred to a subsequent owner of the aircraft, providing that owner agrees to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
- THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS SPECIFIED ABOVE. THIS IS NOT A WARRANTY OF THE CONDITION OR FUTURE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS WHICH IT COVERS. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL TAT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY DEFECT IN ANY TURBONORMALIZING SYSTEM OR PART TO OPERATE PROPERLY, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THE WARRANTY MADE HEREIN.
No person is authorized to give any other warranty or to assume any additional obligation or liability on behalf of TAT, without its express written approval.
Tornado Alley Turbo, Inc.
Tim Roehl, President